Community Church of Columbus is an interdenominational church with approximately 1,200 in worship on Sundays. Our statement of faith would be very similar to any interdenominational ministry such as Focus on the Family or Campus Crusade for Christ.
Probably the strongest spiritual gift we are looking for is administration, but also needing someone with some teaching and preaching skills. We are a fairly informal body of believers, and strong relationships are evident throughout the church. The person will need to have the ability to build strong relationships with key leaders in the areas mentioned in the job description. This is position is not for the faint at heart! Our church has grown significantly, and shows little sign of slowing down, so we need someone who has the energy to match the growth.
More information about the church can be obtained by visiting: cccolumbus.org.
Title: Pastor of Adult Ministries
The Pastor of Adult Ministries will work with several key areas of ministry within the church to coordinate ministries with our adults. While the Pastor will be actively involved in each area of ministry, the emphasis will be upon oversight and training key lay persons for their involvement and leadership in each area.
1. Adult Education – Includes adult Sunday school classes and all learning opportunities for adults. Recruitment and training of teachers, development of curriculum and overall direction for ministry are important.
2. Evangelism/Assimilation – working closely with our Inside/Outreach team, the Pastor will help develop methods by which we can help newer people have the opportunity to get to know our church and become actively involved. Evangelistic opportunities and mission outreaches are potential areas of growth.
3. Men’s and Women’s Ministries – the Pastor will also work closely with these two groups in helping them fulfill their overall mission within the life of the church.
1. The Pastor of Adult Ministries will also be responsible for preaching duties at various times throughout the year.
2. A close working relationship with our Director of Counseling and Community is expected as many of the programs will be interrelated.
3. Participation in worship services on a regular basis is expected.
4. Assist with other pastoral duties when needed.
1. A master’s degree from an accredited university, preferably with an emphasis in ministry.
2. Strong communication and organizational skills to oversee several different areas.
3. A willingness for ongoing education and training for various ministries.
4. A commitment to the concept of team ministry, both among the paid staff of the church as well as the coordinated volunteer groups in the church.
5. The Pastor of Adult Ministries, while not an active member of the Board, shall meet all of the qualifications listed by the church for inclusion on the Board of Elders.